Eaton Square, Nick is a Principal of Eaton Square and is focused on M&A and capital services for:
- Software and technology companies
- Life sciences and biotechnology companies
- IT Services firms
- Professional services firms
- Retail and e-commerce businesses
Nick has over 20 years of experience acting for global corporations, large Australian listed companies and small and medium sized IT services business. Recent engagements have included:
- Strategy, due diligence, negotiations and restructure of Australian buying group Independent Sports into Intersport Australia Limited, facilitating market entry of a $12B vertical retail global sporting goods business
- Biotechnology sector guidance and advice to AusIndustry (Australian Government, Department of Industry)
- Market development for world’s largest integrated preclinical contract research organisation, Aptuit LLC
- Advisor to Raleru Limited (Camera House), Electronic Arts Inc., and Australia’s largest online bookseller - TheNile.com.au
Chairman for 6 years and CEO for 5 years at listed biotech Agenix Limited (ASX: AGX) where he led drug and diagnostic development projects in China and the United States, raised multiple rounds of capital, and facilitated the successful sale of a preclinical drug candidate developed by the company’s China WFOE to a Chinese pharmaceutical company. Nick is also a Panelist for the WIPO Arbitration and Mediation Center in Geneva, Principal of law firm Nicholas Weston and was founding Chairman of the Karma Currency Foundation. He has degrees in law and economics.
Nicholas Weston Lawyers, Nicholas Weston is an award winning powerhouse niche Australian commercial law firm and corporate consultancy working within organisations to anticipate, illuminate and help them master intricate legal and commercial environments. The firm delivers high value legal solutions by applying best practice and outstanding service. It is recognised in Australia for its work in the successful commercialisation of intellectual property.
As a dedicated, client-facing organisation, the firm's work with some of the world’s most famous brands is praised by Managing Intellectual Property Magazine, Corporate Intl Magazine and ACQ5 Global Awards for pre-eminence. The firm’s principal Nick Weston was appointed a WIPO Neutral in 2008 and since then has won numerous awards including ACQ5 IP Lawyer of the Year Australia in both 2012 and 2013. Mr Weston is a dual qualified lawyer and registered trade marks attorney, a Panelist for the WIPO Arbitration and Mediation Center in Geneva, and was founding Chairman of the Karma Currency Foundation. He has degrees in law and economics.